Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Departure Day has Arrived

Wow. It's Tuesday, July 27th. A day that's been on my calendar for months as THE day and now it's here. My bags are packed and are right at weight. I feel good that I didn't underpack, but probably overpacked a little. FETCH has been handed off to our new dispatcher and now I'm just waiting to go to the airport now and finishing up last minute items.

This morning I've been stuffing my iPod with some new apps (thank you Apple) and the latest podcasts for me to listen to on my trip. It's amazing that I can get weather, maps and restaurants anywhere on the planet. If only I had a 32GB iPod instead of the 16GB... hint hint.

I leave Birmingham at 2pm CST and connect to my Copenhagen flight in Atlanta. The flight is just over 9.5 hours and I hope to sleep for most of it. My miles are allowing me to fly in Business on the trip over so that will be a treat. With the cruise departing on Thursday I expect the plane to be loaded down with the gays. Between the flight attendants and the passengers it should be a very festive flight.

Hope you will check back often to get the latest scoop. Leave a comment so I know someone is reading.



Eddie seems to know something is up and has decided to sleep on my suitcase... this is a first...


7 comments:

  1. Bacchus empathizes with Eddie. Oh, and we're reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading, too, Jay, but you might want to go to sitemaster.com to get a traffic tracker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think Eddie just wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay....send us an update and some pics..want to know what's going on and how much fun you're having when we're working hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tick tock tick tock....I've seen the photos on facebook but I'm still waiting on some blog action here. ahem! Put down the boy and get back over to the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete